In 10 days I get another X-Ray on my broken leg to decide if I can put weight on it. The physio said it is likely I will still be on crutches for at least a week after that while I ease my way back in to walking and it will be a month or so until I’m walking normally. Nevetherless the end is in sight and while I’m still broken I thought I’d make a list of the things I’m looking forward to doing when I can walk again (plus my sister Kelly loves lists).
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING WHEN I CAN WALK
- Carry things like plates and cups
- Ditch my orange Andy Warhol bag which is my constant companion to move stuff around the house
- Walk around the block and eventually up the big bastard hill on my street
- Get in to the car without huffing and puffing
- Stand up in the shower
- Have a bath
- Join the tennis fit thing at the tennis centre
- Sleep with my right leg completely under the covers
- Sit in a chair comfortably with both feet flat on the ground
- Get my own food at a buffet
- Cook some complicated meals
- Keep on reading lots of books
- Hang out in a cocktail bar for a few hours
- Go outdoors as much as I can!!!!!!!