1. Myer isn’t very experienced at game console launches – especially succesful ones. An hour and a half in line because only 2 cash registers were being used isn’t good customer service. See Cameron’s blog for details.
2. People who aren’t gamers absolutely love the wii. I had people stay for four hours playing Wii Sports because they enjoyed it so much. I think it helps that they can play with the characters they created in the Mii channel.
3. The Mii channel is actually really fun. Sitting there for hours making Celebrity Miis is worth it when they turn up in your baseball game hitting home runs. Where else could you see Jesus, Borat and Lara Croft all on the same team.
4. It has cool touches like when you get an email on the wii the blue light in the slot drive lights up – even when the wii is switched off. This is because it can check for email and updates even in soft off.
5. I own Red Steel, Wii Play and Wii Sports. So far Wii Sports is by far the best game I’ve got. It even has a fitness section which will give you a score everytime you play. It rates the score based on balance, speed and stamina.
6. The console excels as a social tool. I guess it’s why it’s called the wii as it brings people together. However, right now it’s online gaming situation is non existant so that is a bit of a let down. Nintendo may have decided to take it slow though so that people are able to get used to the wiimote before throwing something new down. Dole it out bits at a time.
7. This console is going to rock on Xmas day when all the relatives play it!