Today is my birthday and I’ll I’ve heard all day is “you’re really hard to buy a present for”. I’ve found that comment surprising as I always thought I’d be easy. I thought being as obvious as I am about my interests would make it a little easier but it seems not. So, perhaps belatedly, here is the idiot’s guide to buying a birthday present for Amy.
- Music. Buy me an album you think I might like. But make sure it isn’t prepackaged pop, an idol star or fake depressives
- Dvds. I like movies, especially off-beat or underdog wins the day
- Anything soccer related. I’ve got nearly everything that is Australian, so maybe something Queensland Roarish?
- Lesbian books are always popular, especially if it makes my straight friends have to go and buy them
- Travel books that tell a story. For example books similar to Bill Bryson or Vroom with a view
- An airline ticket around the world (maybe not in everyones budget)
- Anything vespa related
- A threadless t-shirt
Things that don’t go down well
Hopes this helps you for christmas mum! 😉